Friday, December 29, 2017

Raspberry Pi 3 Experimentation

I've always wanted a Raspberry PI, but I have never bought one for myself, because I didn't have any plans.  I still do not have any plans, but it will be fun to tinker with, so bear with me.

My father in law gave me one, for Christmas, along with a bunch of goodies to tinker with.

Toys used so far:
  • Raspberry Pi 3,Model B, 1gb RAM
  • Kuman 5 inch Resistive Touch Screen 800x480 HDMI TFT LCD Display
  • Kuman RPI Powerpack v1.2
  • Rii H9S Mini 2.4Ghz Wireless Keyboard
Pi booted into Raspbian, and checking out the command prompt:

As you can see, the screen is chopped off, on the right side. 

I order to remedy this, I added the following to [/boot/config.txt]:
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 800 480 60 6 0 0 0


Pi Assembled to Kuman RPI Powerpack:

Utilizing GPIO Extension Board:

This board is where the real fun/experimentation starts. Yes, I like to start small.

Python script to test the LED:
## Import GPIO library
import RPi.GPIO as GPIO

## Use BCM (more later) pin numbering
GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BCM) 
GPIO.setup(5, GPIO.OUT) 
GPIO.output(5, False)

Ended up moving this onto something that was more self contained:



No comments:

Post a Comment